VACANCY: VICAR OF ST MICHAEL’S COTTINGLEY & EXECUTIVE CHAIR OF CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY CENTRE
St Michael’s is a welcoming and growing community-based church with modern buildings including a vibrant community centre at the heart of Cottingley in the Bradford Episcopal Area. The Church has a vision to reach out to the local community, providing opportunities for people of all ages to encounter the transforming love of God and join us on our journey of faith.
We are seeking a vicar who:
• Is confident in their own identity in Christ;
• Has a track record of growing confident disciples;
• Loves Jesus and loves people;
• Is Jesus-shaped and spirit-filled - warm, compassionate and ready to reach out to all people of all ages in the congregation and beyond;
• Can relate the Gospel to everyday life in relevant and creative ways;
• Will lead the trustees in the development of Cornerstone Community Centre.
Informal conversations welcome: Ven Andy Jolley, Archdeacon of Bradford, 07973 458403, or Robin Wraith, PCC Chair
Application form and information pack available on the Diocese of Leeds website, or email for more details.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 9th January 2017 Interviews: Tuesday 17th January 2017
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post