Normally this week you would have been receiving that red Christian Aid envelope through your letter box. Last year the house to house collection in Cottingley raised an amazing £1500 - this year the envelopes can't be sent out but Christian Aid are still collecting electronically and their work is more important than ever.
Christian Aid is working to support destitute and crowded communities in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America where they are just starting to experience the effect of Coronavirus. Christian Aid partners already have programmes running amongst the Rohingya refugees in south-east Bangladesh, the Myanmar migrant labourers sent back across the border from Thailand, people displaced by the boko haram in north-east Nigeria, and elsewhere. These are programmes that concentrate on hand-washing, sanitary kits, soap distribution, basic personal protection equipment, and education regarding social distancing. Effective approaches developed in areas affected by the ebola virus are used. Please consider making a financial donation to help.
Donations can be made in several different ways:
1. By electronic direct bank transfer to our bank account in the name ‘Bingley Christian Aid
Committee’, sort code number 20-76-92 account number 83772594.
2. Directly via the Christian Aid website: https://www.christianaid.org.uk/
3. By telephoning Christian Aid HQ: 020 7523 2269 with your debit/credit card handy
4. By cheque sent by post or in a sealed envelope popped through Tony Plumbe’s letter box
at 25 Oakwood Drive, Bingley, BD16 4SJ. (If the latter they will be handled with gloves and
only opened after 3 days when any virus should be dead)
5. By cash put in any sealed envelope popped through Tony Plumbe’s letter box at 25
Oakwood Drive, Bingley, BD16 4SJ. (They will be handled with gloves and only opened after
3 days when any virus should be dead)
6. Via an e-envelope sent to you or distributed by yourself to your friends and relatives.
Please see https://envelope.christianaid.org.uk/ and once you have written your message
distribute it by email, Facebook, Twitter or other social media.
7. Via the JustGiving website at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bingleychristianaidcommittee
This should open a webpage on the JustGiving website with the name of ‘Bingley Christian Aid Committee. OR26875' Donations go direct to Christian Aid.
Methods 1, 4, 5 and 7 allow us to identify the donations have been raised from the Bingley area and are our preferred methods.
Fees: For method 7 (JustGiving) each donation is subject to a 1.9% +20p fee and the gift aid add on is subject to a 5% fee. So, if £20.00 is donated with gift aid, Christian Aid will get £24.37p. Any payments made using PayPal will also be subject to fees in the range 3.0-6.5%.